Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Tankless water heater

On Jul 29, 4:17*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
I was thinking of replacing my NG water heater with one of the new
tankless ones until I saw the price, about 2K bucks installed. I took
a look at my gas bill for the summer months and figure my current
water heater is costing me about $220 a year to operated and from the
manufacturere info I could save 10 to 20 per cent if I got with the
tankless unit or 22 to 44 dollars a year. Am I missing something here?
This doesnt seem worthwhile at all. The thing would probably need
replacing before I ever reached a break even point.

Jimmie

If you only pay 20 a month that isnt much, I paid 470 for a bosch
tankless and put it in myself, gas bill in summer is under 10$, I
still figure I got a 4-5 year payback 8 yrs ago, so im ahead. How much
of that 20$ is cooking and dryer, my unit is a single use, the big
ones cost alot more and all usualy need gas line modifications.