Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Mixing small amounts of 2-cycle fuel

zxcvbob wrote:

Mercury Marine is just the company name. Their "Quicksilver PWC" oil is
designed for air-cooled engines (it even says not to use it if your
engine needs TCW3), and the synthetic is rated JASO "FD" and ISO
(Global) "GE".

As soon as I hit Enter I realized that I mistyped that; the ISO rating
should have been GD (there's not an E yet), and actually should be fully
spelled out "ISO-L-EGD". But there's mo I've tried to verify the
rating on this oil, in case I just read too much into the "synthetic"
part. and now I can't find any spec sheets anywhere. I've written to
Mercury but I haven't gotten a reply yet (and doubt that I will.)

It seems that most 2-cycle oil repackagers don't want you to be able to
compare their products, so they don't spec them any more specific than
TC vs. TC-W and TCW3.

Bob