Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Ceiling Fans

"Kate" wrote in message
Does anyone have a ceiling fan in their bedroom, right above the bed,
and if so, do you recommend it?

I am thinking about installing a fan above my bed, but would like some
feedback first. Is it noisy, does the air blow directly onto your face,
and does it make you feel uneasy with the blades spinning above your head?

Many thanks.

Kate

My first house had a fan that was so low that it bothered me and I removed
it. Currently I have one over my bed but it's a 9 foot ceiling and it does
not bother me. However, I only use it in the winter to circulate warm air
because I prefer to use a tabletop fan or a fan blowing in from the window.
I have found a tabletop fan to produce more of a breeze using fewer watts.