Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Dremel replacement

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

I bought a Dremel Advantage several years ago and was very disappointed in
its performance with the few times that I actually used it. I bought a
reconditioned RotoZip at Amazon last fall and was impressed from day one.
I got one with the adjustable chuck. Much easier and quicker to switch
bits in the middle of a job than using the collets.

Try Ebay for the Dremel or look for reconditioned RotoZips.

I agree with John that the RotoZip is a superior tool as a router or spiral
saw. IMO, it is not a replacement for a dremel style tool.

The two are designed for very different work. I own and use both tools.
Just like I own a spade, a flat nose and round point shovel. Match your
tool to the job you need to do.

On mine the 5 speeds are fairly spread out. I have not tried the HF model.

Colbyt