Phisherman

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

Manufacturing in the US has been declining for years and service
companies are on the rise. I usually try to buy the best quality.
I'd like to see more jobs in the US too.

On 10 Nov 2003 14:43:49 GMT, Brian Elfert wrote:

Is any woodworking maachinery for the hobbyist still made in the USA?

I'm looking for a 14" bandsaw. Delta makes them in the USA, but the
current models don't have a great reputation. Powermatic is making a real
nice 14" bandsaw, but in Taiwan. I would rather see jobs stay in the USA
and pay a bit more for my tools.

Many other types of stationary tools simply aren't made in the USA unless
you want to buy high end models for thousands of dollars.

I was just at Home Depot a few days ago buying tools in the hand tool
promotion. I only bought stuff made in the USA. I may have paid a bit
more, but someone might have a job for another day now. I was going to
buying a socket set, but Husky tools are all made in Taiwan now so those
stayed on the shelf.

Brian Elfert