Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Nylon Tear Repair ?

jeff_wisnia wrote:
Frank wrote:
Robert11 wrote:

Hello,

Have a Nylon rain hood that goes over the top of my golf club bag to
prevent rain from hitting the clubs.
It has torn.

Is there a generally accepted really good product, perhaps, for
repairing a tear in Nylon like this ?
If so, brand please ?

Just curious, so will also ask now: are the two ends butted for the
repair, or overlapped ?

And, is tape on the underside usually needed, or required ?

Thanks,
Bob

I used Gorilla glue to repair a tear in a nylon hunting boot. Boot,
of course, has underlying structure and repair looks good after 3 years.
In your case, I would use a backing nylon fabric strip.

No glue is going to hold 2 cut ends of fabric.

Too bad Billy Mays passed on....You could have told that to him about
his "Mighty Mendit". G

http://www.asontvinfomercials.com/tv...htymendit.html

Jeff

Yeah. I used to laugh at these commercials when they he said it was not
a glue. What is a flexible bonding agent anyway, if not a glue?

Actually, lots of things will work. I tend to use things in arsenal of
stuff I have collected over the years. If you don't care what it looks
like and there is no stress on the bag cover, you could probably get
away with duct tape.

Lot of the TV products like Mighty Mendit eventually find their way to
the dollar store. Probably could get something there now that would
work. That's where I got my last bottle of wood glue.