Posted to alt.home.repair
E Z Peaces E Z Peaces is offline

Default Mixing small amounts of 2-cycle fuel

HeyBub wrote:
E Z Peaces wrote:
For 20 years, I've been using a small soda bottle, a syringe, and
milliliters.

You put gasoline in BOTTLES? You're gonna DIE!

Bottles have been decreed by your betters as absolutely UNSUITABLE as
containers for gasoline! They are dangerous! It is against the laws of God
and man.

Several people are going to have trouble sleeping tonight worrying that you
may live in their town.

I like approved gasoline containers. They resist bursting from being
struck. Their appearance warns of the contents. They even let some
people get away with pouring gas on flames. I watched the gentleman
next door pour gas from a 2-1/2 gallon can onto a trash fire. He's a
full-time fireman.

I'm leery of them indoors or in vehicles because they aren't always
leak proof if knocked over and don't necessarily hold fumes.

If I transport gasoline or keep it in my ventilated garage, it's in
approved containers.

If I mix 500ml in a bottle, I'll immediately pour some into a tank. So
I have perhaps 250ml. I stow it outdoors in a spot where it will be
protected from accidental damage and a spill won't mean a fire hazard.

I've always kept an eye on the condition of bottles because a small
spill would mean a small amount of environmental damage. I've never had
a spill. I'd probably spill more than 250ml a year trying to pour
2-cycle mix from approved containers into little gas tanks.