Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default House overheating....suggestions

On Jul 28, 8:02*am, Rookie-at-home wrote:
I've just bought a new (over 40yrs old) home. *It doesn't have A/C and
it becomes very warm during the day (+85F)

I've installed screened windows & doors (to allow for circulation) but
it still becomes very warm. *I think the attic (crawl space) is
trapping heat. *I don't have any exterior ceiling ventilation except
for soffit vents.

If not this, what else could be causing the heat to build up? *How
best to fix?

how about posting a couple photos of the house

where is the house located? sun exposure?
do oyu get any night time cooling? humid climate?

one story? two story? one and a half story?
attic over entire house? attic all one volume or broken up?
type of exterior finish? stucco? wood siding?

cheers
Bob