Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default What would you do?

SteveB wrote:
I live in a small community where good deals are a way to keep customers. I
go to Discount tires because they have fixed about half a dozen flats for
me, and some small ATV remounts where they wouldn't seal, and they just wave
you off when you go to pay. Of course, I go back when I need tires, and
they have that on record.

I have to go to the big city in the next couple of days, so will take one
and see. But yeah, it'd be nice to just put two new ones on there, but at
the lowest cost. I just use this to haul junk, rocks, limbs, sand, etc, so
it doesn't have to be that great.

For cheap if go out of town as others said can probably by those
tires/wheels cheap as just the tubes.

OTOH, in small towns there are advantages/reasons to keep the locals in
business--I rarely take that route for only a couple bucks for just that
reason; too many places are already either merely shells of their former
selves or gone. People complain about what they've lost but too many of
those same people didn't do anything to help prevent that...