Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default What would you do?

on 7/28/2009 12:59 AM (ET) SteveB wrote the following:
I just bought a very small trailer to use behind my ATV for farm use. Low
speed. It has 4.00/4.80-8 tires on it. They are a little dryrotted. Would
you get some tubes and put them in there, or just get new tires and use them
tubeless? Trouble I have with tubeless tires is half the time they're flat,
and they can be a booger to seat the bead. I put some Slime in there, and
once they seal, they're pretty good to go. My local tire place would
probably put the new tubes in there for the price of the tubes. I do
business with them, and they usually do flat fixes for free anyway.

Steve

I would just put the slime in there for now. You're not going to use
them on the highway, and if you get a flat, you're no going to have to
pull it by hand, like a flat wheelbarrow tire. I'm frugal. I won't buy
anything unless I can do it cheaper with what I've got. :-)