Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default whole house dehumidifier

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 03:53:03 -0400, Aaron Fude
wrote Re whole house dehumidifier:

I hate to run the cooling feature of my A/C when the problem is the
humidity and not the temperature. Is there such a thing as a humidifier
that gets hooked into your A/C system and removes the moisture from the
circulating air? DAGS gave some positive results, but no clear cut answer.

There is, but they are expensive. Depending on the location of your
air-handler there is a cheaper solution that works for me. I bought a
large room dehumidifier and placed it where the dehumidifier output
was directed into the air-handler input. I ran a drain line from the
dehumidifier to a convenient location.

Now when I want to dehumidify the house, I run the air-handler with no
a/c or heat. Just the fan mode. With the dehumidifier on, it dries out
the house on cool damp days.
--
I filter all messages from google groups.