Posted to alt.home.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default whole house dehumidifier

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I hate to run the cooling feature of my A/C when the problem is the
humidity and not the temperature. Is there such a thing as a humidifier
that gets hooked into your A/C system and removes the moisture from the
circulating air? DAGS gave some positive results, but no clear cut answer.

Dehumidifiers work by chilling incoming air, routing the condensed
water to a container (or drain) and then re-warming the air before
exhausting it back into your house.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehumidifier

Since warmer air can contain more moisture than cooler air
and with all else being equal, you are better off using
conventional A/C to dry out your air.

--Winston