Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default New Rules for Plumbing

PatM wrote:

So you installed an outside faucet and gave your wife a bill. I take
it from that that she does the washing outside. In a big tub. With a
washboard.

Outstanding! Wish I had a wife like that!

I bet she can cook a Sunday chicken dinner starting with a chicken
from the coop!

I didn't say she paid the bill. I just gave her one. I'm trying a
frostproof faucet instead of using an inside value to turn off out
outside value. We'll see how well that works.

And for the record, with me doing soldering in the basement. My son
thought it amusing that I took a fire extinguisher with me as part of
my "plumbing supplied". When he asked why, I said "you've never seen
me solder before".

I also give her bills for car repairs. Unfortunately, she doesn't pay
them, either. At least she looks at the odometer reading I put on the
windshield to remainder her when the next oil change is due. She
usually reminds me when it's +/- 1,000 miles; oops, I mean when it's
+1,000 miles. She never reminds me early. Her idea of preventive
maintenance is to tell me when parts are dragging on the ground.

As for the cooking, I do about 90% of that but I don't bill for it.
You missed some killer Potatos au Gratin this weekend with potatos I
dug from the garden earlier the same day (seriously). Yum.

So she doesn't wash, cook, or follow simple instructions. There must be
SOMETHING she does well, else you wouldn't keep her around.

I wish I had a wife like that.