Charlie Self

Default What are the clips called for holding a tabletop to the frame?

Keith Carlson responds:

actually I DID google and I reviewed the first 100 of 55,000 hits and
didn't see what I was looking for, nor when I did "z" clip which is what
I thought they were called. thanks for no help. I'll check Woodcraft.

Liar. You did nothing of the kind. I just Googled for "table top clips"

and
the _very_first_one_ in the list (of 252 hits, not fifty-five thousand) is
what you're looking for. The same search, without the quotation marks,

returns
over 350,000 hits, but the _first_ one is still the same.

--snip--

I think this thread has convinced me of BAD's trollish nature. I'm new to
woodworking, and it's obvious even to me that you'd never glue a top on a
piece of furniture. Hard to believe Dave would be stupid enough to consider
doing that, so apparently that was just bait.

I wouldn't get too excited about either of them. Just to check, I ran two
google checks on table top clips. One, just the words, brought up 595,000 hits.
Using table+top+hits brought up 572,000 hits. It's quite possible the quotes
would change it again.

Charlie Self

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same
function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of
things." Sir Winston Churchill