Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Custom water pump - impeller press fit suggestions

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
I don't want to bust your bubble, but you are barking up the wrong tree.
You are saying that your overheating problem is a product of poor design
yet thousands of these have been made and sold and in successful service.
They don't have your problems. I suggest you find the real problem and fix
it. Everything can be improved.......including the Triumph cooling system,
but redesigning a cooling system instead of fixing what's wrong is not
reasonable.
Steve

steve - despite your statement, at least in my experience with a 61 plus 4
(uses a TR-3 engine), oveheating is just part of the experience - I could
get the car to run OK at 55 to 60 MPH by adding an oil cooler and some
baffling and removing the fan, or I could get it to be OK at 0-45 mph by
adding an electric fan in front of the radiator (no room behind, the front
suspension/frame member is 1/4 inch behind radiator in the middle) - but I
could never get it to operate across the whole range of speeds without
putting boiling water in my lap - perhaps part of the problem is the warmer
temperatures here than in the UK - and the real TRs had a different radiator
design that perhaps was better -

an after market oil cooler in a place that gets good air flow will help with
overheating for sure. I agree that a larger water pump probably won't help