Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Custom water pump - impeller press fit suggestions

wrote in message
My Triumph consistenly runs warm and I would like it to flow a bit
more water.

Triumph car or motorcycle? If cycle I didn't know thay had any liquid
cooled engines.

Anyway, you might want to ask around some Triumph centric forums on the web
before going further. It could be it needs to run warmer than you think to
get the best power and emmissions.

Many time on an old truck or old car I was able to get them running cooler,
by pressure flushing the radiator, and then back blasting the bugs out from
between the fins.

My dad made a pressure flush adaptor that I have since duplicated that does
a pretty good job. It has water and air inputs with ball valves on each.
Fill with water, then open the air valve, run water until clear and repeat.
Duplicate process until it immediately runs clear, and then reverse
directiosn and do it again.

If the radiotr splits you needed to have it fixed anyway. It doesn't flow
well even after you pressure flush it then it needed to be hot tanked
anyway... in either cases its already out of the vehicle. (You can do it in
the vehicle, but its really a mess under the hood and you can only do it in
one direction. I wouldn't.)

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com