Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default New Rules for Plumbing

On Jul 27, 9:54*am, Pat wrote:
I needed to install a new, outside faucet this weekend and I had my
teenage son helping. *I told him he had to learn to solder plumbing
because you just never know when you'll need that skill.

So as we were working, it became time to cut the existing water line
so I marked the location and handed him the saw (I couldn't find my
tubing cutter). *He said he didn't want to do it. *At first I thought
he figured out that he'd get wet but I asked him why, none the less.
He said that he couldn't take the pressure of disabling all of the
water into the house. *I thought that was an interesting thought but
he had a good point -- never start a plumbing project you can't
finish.

That became Rule #1 of Plumbing: Never start a plumbing project you
can't finish.

Rule #2: For project of less than one day in scope, add at least 3
hours and two trips to the hardware store to your estimate. *For
longer projects, add 1 day per estimated day. *Wives scream less if
you finish early.

Rule #3: *When the pipes are cut, the plumber is wet and things aren't
going okay, it is okay to lie to people about anything you want if it
gets them to leave you alone.

Rule #4: *Always give your wife a bill. *She'll blow you off, but at
least she might see that whatever you did had some value on some
planet.

Rule #5: *Don't tell anyone when you're done so you can get the first
shower.

I'm sure there are more.

Rule #1 of Plumbing: Never start a plumbing project you can't
finish.

Why would you start *any* project you can't finish?