Posted to alt.home.repair
elgee elgee is offline

Default Polish Plexiglass Edge

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:09:19 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

I am installing some plexiglss shelves cut for 5/16 thick plexiglass
and I want to polish the edges. Is this a DIY task. I would like to
bring the edges to the same clarity as the face of the glass.

Jimmie

Sand with increasingly finer grit sandpapers. Use good lighting and
view from all angles to remove scratches. End up using 400 grit
sandpaper. Then carefully buff, being careful not to melt the
plastic.

I have been very successful CAREFULLY using a propane torch on the edge.