Posted to alt.home.repair
JC[_4_] JC[_4_] is offline

Default threaded wire connectors

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

"bud--" wrote in message
.. .
JC wrote:

I have the latest code book. 2008 I believe. Could you please
point out the page that tells me that the point in question was
NOT inserted by some desk jockey? If you can, I promise, I'll
never help anyone with house inspections.

Correction, I have the NEC 2005 (NFPA 70). I might have a 2008
handbook or something. But, just open up the front cover and read
it for yourself. Desk jockeys, mostly desk jockey's with nothing
more than OPINIONS!

The code panels are electricians, contractors, inspectors, UL,
electrical engineers who design buildings and products. What would
any of them know about safe wiring?

We need the code written by the real experts, like JC.

Obviously, YOU haven't read that inside front cover.

Obviously I have.

All I said was that I "suspected" that this item in the code was
written by some desk jockey. That's because I've read the inside
front cover.

If you had reasonable intelligence and read the make-up of the code
panels at the front of the NEC you would find they are electricians,
contractors, inspectors, UL, electrical engineers who design
buildings and products. That is, people who work daily with wiring
and equipment and are familiar with electrical safety.

Cite a code panel that is not primarily electricians, contractors,
inspectors, UL, manufacturers, electrical engineers who design
buildings and products.

But not a damn one of you was able to answer my question when I
asked all of you defensive sorts to show me where that part of the
code was NOT written by some desk jockey.

I answered your question.

The code is written by electricians, contractors, inspectors, UL,
electrical engineers who design buildings and products - people
familiar with electrical safety.

Time to fulfill your pledge:

--
bud--

Well, I've already fulfilled that one as I've never, nor intend to
ever waste my time on inspecting someone's house. Now, why don't we
play like we're a bunch of 5 year old kids and see how long we can
keep this ****ing match tit for tat bull**** going? Want to?