Posted to alt.home.repair
JC[_4_] JC[_4_] is offline

Default threaded wire connectors

"JC" wrote in message

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "JC"
wrote:

"E Z Peaces" wrote in message
JC wrote:

I can find a hidden junction box within minutes. With a magnet
if
it's metal and with a multi tester (a bit more difficult) if
it's
plastic. How hard do you think it is to trace from one outlet to
the next, along a wall? It's not foolproof but it's very doable.
And once again, if it's for safety, it's just a joke because
I'll
guarantee you, no fireman is going to wonder around looking for
junction boxes. So we come right back to what I said originally,
it's a feelgood reg for convenience ONLY!

I suppose with a powerful magnet I could find a metal junction
box
if it were close to the surface, but how would I know it was the
right box?

How would I locate a hidden junction box with just a multitester?
How much damage would I do if I cut my way to it? How could I be
sure the hidden box I found wasn't live?

Don't how *you* would. Perhaps you would call an electrician.

Or perhaps you're just making stuff up. Do tell -- how do *you*
locate a
hidden plastic junction box with just a multitester?

This oughta be amusing...

I'm not interested in amusing you. Try it and maybe you can figure
it out.

Here, let me just set your minds at ease so you won't keep wasting
your time trying to claim that plastic junction boxes cannot be found
with a multi tester. I suppose there are hundreds of different kinds
of multi testers and perhaps that's why you just don't get it.

The SureTest® Circuit Tracers are powerful, versatile, easy-to-use
troubleshooting test tools for finding breakers and hidden wire
problems in residential/commercial/industrial environments. These
tracers work on energized and de-energized circuits. They identify
circuit breakers, find opens and shorts, and trace wires behind walls
and underground.

Each kit contains the same transmitter (TR-958) and test lead kit
(TL-958). The 958 also has the high-end Receiver (RC-958), adds an
Inductive Clamp (IC-958) with Battery Pack (BP-958), and a larger Hard
Case (C-958).

Features:

a.. Numeric value and audible signal provide quick and
easy-to-understand tracing feedback
b.. Receiver display rotates automatically for easy viewing
c.. Identifies breakers and fuses
d.. Can be used on circuits de-energized/energized 0-600V AC/DC
e.. Kit includes:
a.. Transmitter
b.. Receiver
c.. Tracer Test Lead Set
d.. Inductive Clamp
e.. Battery Pack
f.. Hard Carrying Case
g.. Batteries
h.. Instructional DVD
Spec Summary:

Transmitter
Operating Frequency: 32 kilohertz, fixed-amplitude,
time-modulated signal
Current Output of Signal: 200mA p-pmax into 50 ohm
Voltage Output of Signal: 30V nominal (2 watts)
Operating Voltage: 0 – 600V AC/DC
Battery Power: 1.5V x (4) AA batteries (NEDA 15A, IEC LR6)
Battery life: 40 hours open circuit testing / 25 hours short
circuit tracing
Indicators: On/Off, Line energized, Low battery
Receiver
Sensing: Magnetic
Maximum range: 15 feet underground
Signal response: Numeric display and Audible beep
Battery Power: 1.5V x (3) AA batteries (NEDA 15A, IEC LR6)
Battery life: 20 hours