Posted to alt.home.repair
JC[_4_] JC[_4_] is offline

Default threaded wire connectors

"E Z Peaces" wrote in message
JC wrote:

I can find a hidden junction box within minutes. With a magnet if
it's metal and with a multi tester (a bit more difficult) if it's
plastic. How hard do you think it is to trace from one outlet to
the next, along a wall? It's not foolproof but it's very doable.
And once again, if it's for safety, it's just a joke because I'll
guarantee you, no fireman is going to wonder around looking for
junction boxes. So we come right back to what I said originally,
it's a feelgood reg for convenience ONLY!

I suppose with a powerful magnet I could find a metal junction box
if it were close to the surface, but how would I know it was the
right box?

How would I locate a hidden junction box with just a multitester?
How much damage would I do if I cut my way to it? How could I be
sure the hidden box I found wasn't live?

Don't how *you* would. Perhaps you would call an electrician.