Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Maybe somebody here knows

How do you get the steering wheel off an old CJ5 Jeep? I have a '74 CJ5
that I want to put a new steering wheel on. I have a wheel puller but it
doesn't work on steering wheels this old. I've tried to find out a
method for getting the wheel off when there are no holes in the steering
wheel to screw into. But I'm stuck and so far nobody seems to know how
to take off the old steering wheels. So I thought I would give it a shot
here. Anyone know how you get the steering wheel of an old Jeep when a
conventional wheel puller doesn't work? Oh, and I've already tried the
rubber mallet to the back of the wheel method. That wouldn't do it either.

Hawke