Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ranger[_5_] The Ranger[_5_] is offline

Default Soap Scum Removal ????

Phisherman wrote in message
[snip]
All of these are good. I use the Dow product mentioned and allow the
foam to work for a few hours. Then scrub the surface with a brush
dipped in household ammonia after the soaking period, and rinse with
cold water. Use lots of ventilation. I can clean the shower/tub in
less than 1 minute, all while holding my breath. It helps to use a
daily shower spray. Use of acids is not recommended as it can damage
metal parts.

Thanks, Phish, for the step-saver scrubbing foam and ammonia. I'll have
to give it a try using my breather (until I'm able to minimize my wasted
movements.) I've got all the necessary chemicals.

I've found the daily shower spray (also by Dow) is only a delayer not an
actual cure. I get the same length of delay from simply squeegying the water
from the walls and glass. shrug But, as proven by Phish's experiences,
YMMV.

The Ranger