David F. Eisan

Default Evaporation point for Ammonia?

Hello there,

It seems highly unlikely to me that you have "ammonia" at all to worry
about. More likely you have a bottle of reagent grade ammonium hydroxide.

If
so, you aren't merely dealing with evaporation temperature but with how
quickly this solution is freeing ammonia into the atmosphere under the
tent.. But you will probably have to either raise the temperature
substantially (10-15 degrees C would be my guess) or be willing to wait a
very long time.

I am using 26% ammonium hydroxide solution.

I have shut the garage door, and I will run the heater tonight to keep the
garage at 10-15ºC. Come morning, I will use the remote opener for the garage
and let the air clear before going in.

Thanks everyone for the help,

David.