Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Polish Plexiglass Edge

JIMMIE wrote:
I am installing some plexiglss shelves cut for 5/16 thick plexiglass
and I want to polish the edges. Is this a DIY task. I would like to
bring the edges to the same clarity as the face of the glass.

Jimmie

Start out wet sanding them slowly going to 1000 or finer grit. If you
don't want rounded edges use a sanding block. Next put a cloth
polishing pad on the grinder and buff it with polishing compound. Go
easy, don't be in a rush and use too much pressure. (Here it will be
difficult to keep the edges flat.) I forget what color polishing
compound to use but it's listed on the package what compound for what
kind of material you are polishing. Come to think of it you may be able
to sand the edges with random orbit sander to save a lot of time.

Tony