Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default HF Flooring Nailer - Comments Anyone?

dpb wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:

The only time I used a nailer was the manual kind on some 3/4 T&G
like 25 years ago. How do these work? I see they are air but include
a "slugging hammer" as the HF description calls it. I assume hitting
the black button with the hammer is what triggers the nail driven by
air? ..

Yeah...

Unless you will have plenty of time in case there does become a
problem, I'd recommend renting while you're there rather than risking
the HF possibility of the particular one you get being trash; always a
crapshoot w/ HF ime.

As for interchangeability of fasteners, one would presume likely but
again, it's taking a chance unless/until you can get verification.

If you'll have time to swap it out if it isn't satisfactory and have
some other potential use down the road, sure go for it. Otherwise, if
you intend to do the job and be done, renting locally may be the
smarter choice...

$0.02, ymmv, etc., etc., ...

OBTW, the compressor should be plenty to run any nailer. You'll want
to start at 70-75 psi max and work your way up until you find the
right pressure setting for depth for the specific flooring/subfloor,
of course. Also, you don't indicate what you're laying; if it's 3/4"
t&g I'd consider the 2" mandatory.

--

Thanks for the input.

It's a future project and just doing some way ahead research. The
flooring I will be using is still in tree form I suspect. Most likely it
will be 3/4 t&g. Wood type unknown.