Posted to alt.home.repair
Philip5malin Philip5malin is offline

Default what size fitting for sink toilet connection

The on-off-valve is an old type, probably used in 1965, chrome color
with a welded chrome flex tube 6" up. It may not be aluminum, may be
chromed plated copper flexible , with ribs on it all the way , allow
it to flex. The end of it has a compression female fitting. You
cannot find these anymore. The new on-off-valve just have a
compression fitting for you to install a steel braised flex hose on
it. I cannot tell whether the female fitting is 5/8 or 1/2, too
small a close call. How can I tell?

*****************
On Jul 25, 4:56*am, "dadiOH" wrote:
Philip5malin wrote:
I am changing bath sink faucet and toilet. I am confused what I need
for connection hose. The old faucet has two copper tubings *6" *coming
down, seems to be 1/4", with two male fittings ( cannot determine
size, may be 5/8 *On the wall, it has old type on-off-valve with
aluminum tubing welded on,

Aluminum tubing? *Welded on?
______________

with *female nut that fit into 7/8 wrench.
I now had already gotten a new faucet with 1/2 plastic tube coming
down about 3". *I can get metal braised steel flex connection hose 1/2
FIT on faucet end. *What do I need on bottom end , and what fitting
male to male do I need in addition?

Since your old faucet used metal tube, it probably had compression fittings
on each end and those were squished when tightening the nuts so that you got
a water tight seal.

I really can't tell from your description what you have so my best advise is
to call a plumber. *Either that or haul the whole works off to a plumbing
store and let them sell you what you need.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico