Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default replacement windows

Tony wrote:
BillGill wrote:
badgolferman wrote:
I need new replacement windows for my 1967 brick-sided house. I'm
considering Window World and have set up a visit by them. I'm sure
there are many experiences with that outfit in this group. I would
appreciate any suggestions you have and what to expect. If you have
other suggestions than Window World please list those too.

Don't forget that this year and at least part of next year you can
get a 30% tax break on windows up to $1500, not including installation.
But you have to have a rating of 0.3 or less. I wouldn't bet
those Window World windows have that. So I look on that as probably
some sort of bait and switch tactic.

I went to a local home and garden show yesterday and when I saw the
booths that are advertising so heavily on TV I walked right on by
without stopping. I have little faith in companies that advertise
the way they do.

One thing I thought was a but humorous was that the booth with Anderson
windows said that the Anderson windows didn't meet the 0.3 rating,
because
of the frame. They used the same glass core as others that did.

Bill

I'm curious if they were vinyl or wood frame and if the wood framed ones
pass?

I believe they were the vinyl clad wood.

Bill