Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Soap Scum Removal ????

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 07:17:00 -0700, "The Ranger" cuhulain _
wrote:

Brian wrote in message
.. .
I have a problem with soap scum all over the shower doors.

[snip]
Does anyone know of a chemical that will cut the scum?

Kaboom, Dow's Scrubbing Bubbles, and Limeaway all work for me, depending on
the time I have available. I soak the showerhead while wiping down the two
clear glass doors with Kaboom. Usually takes 10-15 minutes work. If I have a
little more time, I use Dow Scrubbing Bubbles because it is my all-purpose
cleaner. Limeaway is the Big Bertha. I only bring that out on REALLY bad
build-ups.

Kaboom
https://www.officialtvwebsite.com/ka...D=265773304012
(When the above link breaks, click on the tinyurl below
http://tinyurl.com/krf6an )

Dow Scrubbing Bubbles
http://www.scrubbingbubbles.com/

Limeaway
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...7zoyk3zy mq_e
(When the above link breaks, click on the tinyurl below
http://tinyurl.com/nn96tb )

The Ranger

All of these are good. I use the Dow product mentioned and allow the
foam to work for a few hours. Then scrub the surface with a brush
dipped in household ammonia after the soaking period, and rinse with
cold water. Use lots of ventilation. I can clean the shower/tub in
less than 1 minute, all while holding my breath. It helps to use a
daily shower spray. Use of acids is not recommended as it can damage
metal parts.