Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John John is offline

Default Mico wave drying of wood

On Jul 15, 4:45*am, randyswoodshoop wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have a method they use to dry green wood in the micro
wave.

How big can the piece be? Any special rules on sealing?

Hi Randy,

When I cut green wood I seal it with Anchor Seal, but almost anything
will do paint, wax, varnish. Then when I am ready to turn the piece I
rough the item ou and soak it in denatured alchol. The alchol
replaces the water in the wood; then when you remove it it evaporates
much faster with out the cracking. I soak the wood for aprox 1 week
for 1 inch of thickness ... you can soak longer without problems.
Then remove the item drain it and wrap it in brown paper bag and let
it sit for a couple of weeks.

http://www.theturninggallery.com/
John Green