Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Plexiglas

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:26:12 -0700, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:27:11 -0400, Chuck wrote:

:I need to buy a 3' sq piece of 1/4" Plexiglas. I tried HD but wasn't
:able to find it. Any ideas? TIA Chuck B.

In case you didn't know, an FYI... cutting plexiglass and similar
materials can be rather problematic.

Dan

Dan Musicant
Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net

Plexi is very easy to work with. There are saw blades made especially
for cutting it, but I have also cut it plenty of times using the wrong
blades.

There are also drill bits specifically for plastics that make like
easier.

Just as wood and metal require special blades and bits, so does plexi.