Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Eeyore[_3_] Eeyore[_3_] is offline

Default multi fuel tractor

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I think I heard that started during world war two. When
gasoline was rationed, but kerosene was much easier
available.

"Richard W." wrote

I have seen some of those tractors, but the more common one
is the International which is started on gas and switched over to
diesel when it got warm. Some of those engines are fairly large.

When you say 'gas', do you mean ( liquid petroleum / natural etc ) gas
or gasoline ? We solve this confusion in the UK by calling gasoline
'petrol' ( from 'petroleum' ). Petrol, gas and diesel engined vehicles
all operate on our roads.

Graham

and to the MORMOM, please don't 'top post' since most people prefer to
see a post that starts with thee question and finishes with the answer
or follow-up comment.

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious
adjustment to my email address