Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Hill[_2_] Chris Hill[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a programmable thermostat that can...

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:33:37 -0700 (PDT), Zephyr
wrote:

I have one here in michigan... after a few unusually cold nights, and
a drafty front door, I found my system had "learned" to turn itself on
at 3 am in order to hit the desired temp by 7...
I turned the "smart" feature off, and suffer thru the 1 degree
difference in temp if its a cold night now.

I turned the feature off after waking up sweating because the furnace
decided it had to turn itself on an hour before it was time to get up
just to hit the temperature on a cold morning. I'd rather suffer a
little and just have it start fifteen minutes before time to get up.