Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default 1934 Cartoon reflects today

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:14:24 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Postscript: "Name of the Rose" came out in 1986... is that pre-web?
Maybe html, but certainly not text-based. I cut my newsgroup "teeth"
using TIN ;-)

As I understand the definition of the "web", it is based on html. Before
hypertext was used on the internet, it wasn't called the web. The lines of
connection that on paper look like a web are based on hyperlinks.

Anyway that was a great movie. The concept was similar to National Treasure
in that the contents of the Library of Alexandria were partially preserved
in a secret place, but unlike NT, NotR was plausible and historical (as well
as tragic).

After all these years I still rank "NotR" as one of my all-time
favorites!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food