Bay Area Dave

Default What are the clips called for holding a tabletop to the frame?

of COURSE I could make blocks! But I want the thinness of the clips,
sweetheart!

dave

Groggy wrote:

"Tom Watson" wrote in message...

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:51:23 GMT, Bay Area Dave wrote:

I Googled table top clips and didn't get anything that looked like those
Z or S shaped metal clips that slide into a dado and then screw onto the
bottom side of the table top. What's the correct nomenclature?

The correct nomenclature is "plough". A dado goes across the grain.

Aha! Never knew that, always thought of it as a kerf in the apron, thanks
Tom.

Even Paddy's Shellac gets a mention he
http://denali.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu:...side_table.pdf

More on top attachment (including *why*) he
http://www.charm.net/~jriley/ttop.html and he
http://www.americanfurnituredsgn.com/wood_movement.htm

also he

http://www.americanfurnituredsgn.com...h%20review.htm

In fact, with a purty PM type BS or a Unisaurus you might even be able to
cut some blocks just like they show in the pics.