Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default door hanging

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:07:38 +0100, "Cash"
wrote:

If that fails to solve the problem, then there are two ways to resolve it:

1 Deepen the hinge receivers slightly - (best method if you don't
want to damage the paintwork

I don't think these need making deeper, they are already very deep
already; much deeper than any of the other doors. It looks as though
someone has ahd trouble with this door before ;(

I did wonder could I fill these in and start again? If I used a two
part epoxy filler, would that take the screws second time round?

2 Plane of the leading edge *ONLY* of the door (just enough to allow
the door to miss the frame

That's what I have done in the past, but like you say, that means
having to repaint it and I don't like painting! BTW should you plane
the whole side of the door, so that the edge remains plumb or do you
just take a millimetre from here and there, where it catches the
frame?

What's all this about pressing F7?

Thanks again.