Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default underground gate valve

On Jul 23, 8:52*pm, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
Had a totally awful terrible day. Irrigation system sprung a small leak two
days ago. Kinda large yesterday. huge today, had to shut down.

Got to dig in *soupy mud all day. Some thin enough to run off the shovel,
other sticky enough it wouldn't come off the shovel without banging on a
rock. Sump pump quit, portable generator quit. Finally got hole dug out by
7:00 P.M.

I hope I can get the parts tomorrow, I'll be lucky.

Anyway, I'm looking for a better drain valve. it can be from 1/2 to 1 1/4
NPT gate valve for underground use. I find the hardware store valves get
stiff and then I break the handle off. I'm reaching four feet down with a
fork to turn valve. I'm wondering about an entrance service valve for
residential water in the city. Know where to get this or something similar?

http://www.irrigationparts.com/produ...er_valves.aspx

HTH