Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default threaded wire connectors

Aaron Fude wrote:
I've recently realized that I don't feel comfortable making wire nut
connections with threaded wire.

What's "threaded" wire??? You mean stranded, I guess?

with solid wires that professional electricians commend me on.

What's to commend? Put the wires together, put on the wire nut and twist...

it comes to making a connection b/w the solid wires and one threaded
wire (as in a recessed light) I feel that the threaded wire loosens the
connection. It makes me especially nervous realizing that the junction
box is getting covered by drywall.

_NO_ junction box should be covered w/ drywall.

What's the trick in making a solid connection with a threaded wire? ...

No real trick other than there's no such thing as threaded wire...

Just make the stripped length of the stranded wire about 1/3rd longer
than the solid. I've not looked; I'm sure there's a blurb on it at the
Ideal or other manufacturers' sites.