Posted to alt.home.repair
ben[_3_] ben[_3_] is offline

Default least leaky dryer vent?

Anyone have any suggestions for the least leaky (air-wise) dryer
vent? What I've read is that the 'flying shuttle' type is the best
option out the

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Efficien...8326553&sr=8-4

I bought one of these years ago and the thing fell apart within a year
or two. And despite there being many sellers and 'brands' it looks
like they might all be made by the same place. I also recall it was
still drafty in the laundry room.

There's also the louvered kind, although they seem very flimsy too and
I can imagine the wind blowing those open easy.

Any suggestions? My dryer vent exit is about 2' above the ground.

thanks