Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Is there a programmable thermostat that can...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
...anticipate the time it takes to reach a certain temperature by a certain
time?

For example, during the day while no one is home but the cats, we keep the
temperature set at 80°F. I arrive home at 5:00 p.m. and would like to have
the temperature at 75°F. when I arrive.

Rather than my having to "guess" how long it might take to reduce the
temperature by 5 degrees, is there a thermostat capable of figuring that out?

TIA

Hi,
Most programmable 'stat has that ability. It learns the temp rise/fall
pattern after you program it. One example is Honeywell Vision Pro line.
Micro-processor within is little smart. Take a look at manual which you
can download .