Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Oldest running House AC unit

On Jul 22, 8:14*pm, Red Green wrote:
ransley wrote in news:5e65b0f0-7f48-403b-b927-
:

On Jul 22, 12:16*am, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I've got a house in Phoenix with the original Goetle AC package unit
on the roof, 3 ton. *The house was built in 1971 so the unit is 38
years old. The condenser fan was replaced 4 times and an external
crankcase heater was strapped to it 25 years ago when the internal one
burned out. *Anyone know of any that are older that have worked as
hard as this unit?

What do you pay in electric to cool for one year, 12 years ago we
junked a unit and saved 60% ever since, its paid itself back many
times over, like that 9mpg 350 Chevy Blazer I sold for a 20 mpg car, I
wasted so much money driving that gas hog, money ****ed down the
drain. You AC is inneficent , thats nothing to be proud of.

Yea I had one of those 350's in a pickup topped off with a Holly 4bbl.
Couldn't kill those 350's. Had like 1k lbs of patio stone on it once and
you barely knew it...until you hit the brakes. Tad weak on response :-)

Its to bad the bodies didnt last, salt made them dissapear in front of
your eyes , but it ran forever