Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Sheet-metal nibbler: pneumatic vs. hand-powered

On Jul 8, 1:29*pm, Matt wrote:
I want to cut some sheet steel. *I expect I might have to make several
feet of cuts at a time, and I might need to make ten feet of cuts in a
few months. *I expect the material will be 304 stainless or similar, say
around 22 ga. (0.031 inches) give or take 20%.

Would it likely be unpleasant to use a muscle-powered nibbler? *Should I
just plan on a pneumatic nibbler? * Would I likely see much difference
in the finished product? *I'm not set up for air tools right now, but I
could probably rent something ...

Please advise.

If you already had a compressor I would say get the Pneumatic one
otherwise I would get an elctric.

Jimmie