Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Gluing aluminum to glass

On Jul 22, 2:46*pm, wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 22, 2:22*pm, wrote:

Silicone sealant is a lousy adhesive. The OP is looking for an
adhesive/sealant, not just a sealant. He has already tried something
that didn't hold well in this application. It is for a "client", so
I'm basing my advice on the theory that he wants to only do this once,
and get it right.

Wait a minute - just a second ago you were arguing that 5200 was a bad
choice as it was permanent. *Arguments go a lot smoother if you pick a
side and stick to it! *

This subject may be too complicated for you. Maybe you should wait
until something simpler comes along.

Gluing aluminum to glass is complicated...? I don't think so. I was
kind of hoping that you would ask me the question about working on
boats and my experience, but you didn't. Playing favorites I
guess. ~

I'm of the opinion that if it says 3M on the package, it's good
stuff. You stated, unequivocally, that silicone is a lousy adhesive.
What about 3M Marine Grade Silicone Sealant do you not like for the
OP's application?