Posted to uk.d-i-y
stan stan is offline

Default OT Who is "SID" and why has my bank card stopped working

On Jul 21, 7:24*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I tried to withdraw some money from a cash point on Saturday and again on
Sunday. I assumed that the cash machine was empty when I failed to get any
money. I tried again today and *"Unauthorised access" was displayed on the
screen. I then phoned the bank and just before my mobile phone battery died
I was told that "SID" was in place.

Any ideas on what a "SID" is? The bank is now shut and I cannot call them
back until the morning.

TIA

Adam

..
Quote: "The bank is now shut and I cannot call them back until the
morning".
Huh? You mean that your bank does not have 24 hour toll free phone
service??????
Change your account and card to an outfit that provides 'service'!
I believe the rule here is that if you detect unauthorised use of your
card/account and you advise the bank or the card issuer within 24
hours you are not then liable for any of the transactions! Twenty four
hour 365 day phone service makes that easy from almost anywhere in the
world!. And so far I have not, with any of the most reputable, ended
up with an answering service in India or S.America!
In fact if late at night am going over an account, quite routinely
make a toll free call to check something. Sometimes interesting too to
swap a few words with someone working in a time zone with a 4.5 hour
difference on the other side of North America!