Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Whats the difference between building sand and play sand (for kids sandpit)

"Broadback" wrote in message
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when

the
drugs began to take hold. I remember bp saying
something like:

Can I put it in the sandpit for the kids to play with - is there
something different about play sand.

Do you have the necessary amount of cat turds to add to it?

When I was installing a mooring point for a boat, which was half and

oil
drum buried then filled with concrete I ask the owner of the next

door
boat if it was ok to use that sand from the shore. His reply was it

was
fine for that job, but would not be good for, say, a bridge, and
concrete/cement made from sea sand was nothing like as strong.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.

That's odd - when I was researching ferro concrete boats a few years
ago, the received advice was that sea sand with it's salt
'contamination' made not a jot of difference, and if you were building
on a sandy beach then use it. Mind you you can't do that in this
country as the bit from low to high tide belongs to the crown so the
Queen could bang you up the the Tower G

AWEM