Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Gluing aluminum to glass

On Jul 21, 7:57*pm, wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

Someone mentioned 3M 4200, which is almost as strong as 5200 but sets
faster - it still takes a long time to cure and there are better
choices is you have to get the shower back into service ASAP.

I suggested 3M 4200. 3M 5200 would be a bad choice. 3M 4200 would be
perfect, as this is precisely the sort of thing it was designed to do.
There is a fast curing version of 4200 called "Fast Cure 4200"

Tack free in 1-2 hours and fully cured in 24.

I just checked the 3M web site, and they mention 24-48 hours for a
full cure in one place and 24 hours in another for the Fast Cure
4200. I didn't know that they now made a Fast Cure 5200 as well -
that is listed as a full cure in 24 hours as well. Either one would
be an excellent choice. Thanks for the correction.