Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Whats the difference between building sand and play sand (forkids sandpit)

Jim wrote:
bp wrote:
I have 1/2 tonne bag of fine building sand and almost the same of
sharp sand left over from a project.

Can I put it in the sandpit for the kids to play with - is there
something different about play sand.

Heh. I have a tonne of playpit sand that is useless for building - we
should do a swap!

Oh, its not useless at all, especially with white cement where its lack
of colour allows a very pale mortar colour. Mix in some lime as well,
and you could swear it was lime mortar, except it actually has strength.