Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell[_3_] Steven Campbell[_3_] is offline

Default Lifting up Laminate flooring

"bp" wrote in message
Hi

I have done somethnig which I originally thought was a good idea but
now am not so sure.

When I decided to put down laminate flooring in the front room I
decided to replace the skirting at the same time. This was to prevent
me have to fix beading all round the edge to cover the gap you have to
leave for laminate floooring.

Now the kids have cracked two planks of flooring in the middle of the
room. The skirting was glued and screwed to the wall. I screwed the
holes below the surface of the skirting and filled them in and then
painted over them (proper job I thought). Now I cant tell where the
screws are to remove them. I cant see a way to remove the flloring
without removing the skirting.

Thinking about It I dont a way of just removing the odd plank either
as I have a fireplace and bay window. It looks like I may have to
remove over half of the skirting ( which I dont really want to do)

I cant fix the boards in situ - they are too far gone.

Is there a neat trick that will get the boards up with removing the
skirting.

Thanks

Depending on the screws used you could use a magnet to find them.
I done something similar but the magnet found them fine.
Have a look at the skirting and guess where you would insert screws if you
were just fitting the boards now. Chances are it will be there or there
abouts.