Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default UPS: "Do not connect laser printer..."

"Jan Panteltje" wrote in message
On a sunny day (Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:31:08 +0100) it happened "Arfa Daily"
wrote in :

"Torn Lawence" wrote in message
stnet...
Jan Panteltje wrote:
On a sunny day (Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:14:04 +0000 (UTC)) it happened
"Geoffrey
S. Mendelson" wrote in
:

Greegor wrote:
Do inkjet printers handle the simily waveform well?
Inkjet printers use very low power stepper motors to move the head and
paper,
and very tiny heaters to make the ink bubble up.

Epson inkjets do not use heat at all, but piezo elements to push the
ink
out.
Better, allows more more types if ink, and is faster, and allows for
better control
of the droplets.
Yes I have couple of Epsons:-)
But their service sucks as it is non-existing.

I had an Epson. Replacement ink cartridges were cheaper than other
brands
too, because the piezos were permanent parts of the printer and not
built
into the cartridges. I didn't use it often enough, and when the nozzles
clogged up, the printer's life was over.

An Epson printer's life is over the moment you make your first print ...

Bull**** :-)

Your opinion my friend, but there are many many other dissatisfied owners
who would not agree with you ...

have lost count of the number of them that I have drop-kicked down the
garden.

Well, do they grow there????

Indeed they do not. They rot gently away, which is the best thing that they
can possibly do ...

The trouble with them is, they are full of features, and cheap, so
every time I wear out an HP after 6 or 7 years, I get enticed into buying
another Epson, thinking that they can't still be in business by being
stupid
enough not to have finally sorted out the irretrievably clogged head
syndrome ... How wrong and stupid *I* continue to be :-\

Na, my oldest Epson is a Stylus Color 460, is older then your HPs,
works OK, apart from a bad contact in the chip socket that requires
re-inserting the big DIL chip every now and then, should
really fix this some time.
But it is noisy.
My Epson R200 is also many years old, end very very quiet.

I think then, that you have been very very lucky. Perhaps the ones you have
are so old that they come from a time when Epson could still build printers
that were not worthless junk, designed to gobble as much ink as they
possibly can, from every cartridge fitted, when the jets on the end of just
one of them, have clogged. In fact, I think you are the first person I have
ever come across, who has not had a bad experience with one (cue hundreds of
lurkers to now come out of the woodwork, protesting what marvellous machines
they are ...)

Arfa