Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Dodd[_3_] Mike Dodd[_3_] is offline

Default Lifting up Laminate flooring

bp wrote:
Hi

Is there a neat trick that will get the boards up with removing the
skirting.

One technique I remember reading to remove a single board is to drill 4
holes in it, one by each corner, then cut between the holes to form a
rectangle that can be easily removed (removes ~70-90% of the material),
then by prying (maybe weakening with a couple of small drill holes) bend
and snap the remaining material along the long edges into the hole left
by the process above.

That's to take the board out.

To replace with the new board, carefully cut the lower lip of the
"grooved" part of the replacement board to allow it to drop into place
easily. I'm guessing glue will be your friend at this stage.